I suggest you ...

playback of videos on the homepage

One of the best things about promo news was the fact that you could play the videos straight on the home page. No clicks. That allowed you to watch a video, then just scroll down and watch another one.

Now you have to click through another page and then back.

Love the website by the way!! First page to be opened everyday.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pedro de la Fuente shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminPromo (Developer, Promo News) commented  · 

Hi, thanks for this. In some of the new homepage designs we looked at having the video appear once the static image is clicked, however we decided the video would appear very small & that it would be better viewed alongside the supporting credit/taxonomy/related post content on the individual post page where it can be viewed at a better (bigger) size.

The ability to scroll and browse through the posts was definitely something everyone found useful on the old site, so we've tried to incorporate that by having a previous / next posts block on the individual post pages, this will allow you to browse/skip through the content without having to click back & forth between the listing pages.

It's early days for the new Promo News and we've still got a lot of work to do but if it becomes clear this is something a lot of people think would benefit the site then we can look at reincorporating it into the new design. Thanks for posting!

Feedback and Knowledge Base