I suggest you ...

the new look - display credits on homepage

Hey guys, see there's a whole new look. Shame we've lost the ability to see the credits on the homepage. That was always the first thing I went to check. Now credits will get lost in the ether as people will no doubt be too lazy to click on every link to check who worked on it. That's a problem for an HOD like me - it literally means less work opportunities. Any chance of bringing that aspect back?

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DannersDanners shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DannersDanners commented  · 

Hi there, thanks for the swift response. I reckon a key credit idea would be perfect, perhaps prod company, director, producer, DP, art director, editor? Cheers!

• PromoAdminPromo (Developer, Promo News) commented  · 

Thanks for the feedback! We came up against this issue during the redesign & decided that as the homepage would be showing so many more posts than the old design that the page would become cluttered if we continued to show the credits for each post (some videos have 40+ credits!). So we took the decision to group all the information about the video on one page where you can comment/view similar posts/browse by similar categories & tags and just show summaries on the list pages.

It's obvious that people like to browse through the new posts regularly and in date order, so we've added a previous/next post block on the individual pages at the top of the page to the right of the image, using this you can avoid having to click back and forth between the homepage.

That said we're not going to write off any features from the old site, especially if a lot of people find them useful, so we're open to suggestions about how we help make Promo better. We looked at possibly having a limited number (2 - 4) of 'key' credits on the homepage, would that help or would like to see the full credit list?

Feedback and Knowledge Base